Saturday, November 15, 2008

Down where the city meets the sea

Ruud van Nistelrooy vows to fight back
The Dutchman will miss the rest of the Spanish season after surgery on a partially torn cartilage, which could sideline him for at least nine months.

"This is one of the most difficult moments in my career," he said.

"It's pretty tough to be told that I will not return to play until the start of next season, that I will be sidelined for eight or nine months.

"But I have two options, give up or fight. I know I need to fight and my battle has just begun."

Van Nistelrooy continued: "I had no other option but to undergo surgery. The injury was a serious one. I've gone to the best knee surgeon.

"He told me that I will return to play and I will return to play.

"It's true that I’m 32. But eight years ago I went through a similar situation as this one and I know what I have to do.

"I want to return to top form and be the player I was before.

"I have lots of goals left to score for Madrid and many aims yet to achieve.

"I still have a Champions League yet to win and I will give everything to win it.

"The recovery will be very hard but no-one should doubt that I will overcome this."


Simply inspiring, for a player at this age, who doesn't give up.
You'll always have my everlasting support . . .
Trust me, van Nistelrooy will be my favourite player, my idol, my inspiration until the day I die (:
ps: Have you ever thought of what I told you? Don't you have anything to tell me ?

No comments: